|Camp Melacoma: Regulation & Safety Standards for use of Camp Melacoma
Each organization or individual that rents Camp Melacoma is required as a condition of use to abide by all established regulations, safety standards, and laws.
|ALL PERSONS USING CAMP MELACOMA SHALL:
- Complete all check-in procedures with caretaker.
- Complete all cleaning & check-out procedures (located on bulletin board in office in Nieman Lodge kitchen) before leaving camp, making sure camp is left in its original or better condition.
- Obey all local, state, and federal laws.
- Not move any furniture items without prior approval and return all materials moved, mattresses, beds, tables, firewood, etc. back to original location.
- Assume financial responsibility for all damage, loss, or destruction of property that occurs during their stay. Graffitti is chargeable damage.
- Guard against destruction of camp property.
- Protect wildlife, trees and shrubs which requires staying on trails.
- Obey all "No Trespassing" signs and respect fences as barriers.
- Store all separated trash in closed plastic bags in containers away from animals. Take trash daily to drop off point.
- Follow all recycling rules as posted. Non-compliance will result in garbage fees.
- Abide by all common sense rules of safety and decorum and not discredit themselves or Camp Melacoma Association.
- Provide a currently certified food handler person in residence your entire stay.
- Make small fires only as needed and when conditions allow. Use only estabished fire pits. Fire must be manned at all times. Be sure fire is out before leaving. You must provide your own firewood. Firewood can be collected.
- Bring no flammable materials into buildings -- including kerosene lamps, heaters or candles. Only battery powered light is allowed. No space heaters.
- Not bring firearms or fireworks of any kind into camp.
- Camp is essentially smoke free. Smoke only in designated area. NEVER SMOKE ON TRAILS OR IN THE WOODS.
- Consume alcoholic beverages only in buildings rented, and only if of legal age.
- Not bring pets of any kind into camp. Pet owner will be asked to leave.
- Park only in designated areas leaving fire access around all buildings.
- All messy crafts confined to craft house. No glitter, paint or beads in Nieman Lodge or Wineberg Lodge.
- Make no repairs without prior consult with caretaker. Use no power tools without prior consult. KEEP OUT OF ELECTRICAL PANELS.
- Assume responsibility for lost or broken archery equipment. Provide your own targets, bb-guns, etc. Bio-degradable ammo only for slingshot and bb-guns.
- Buddy system required, no single youths wandering about. We recommend each youth have and wear a whistle -- for emergency use only.
- Lessee will supply own paper products, cleaning products and garbage can liners. It is the lessee's responsibility to provide any additional dishes and utensils needed and not provided in the kitchen. All lost, damaged and missing utensils will be charged to lessee. All items to be cleaned and put away.